November 14, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to the American Liberal blog! So glad to see you. I'm an American, through and through, and I'm a liberal with progressive views. I own a gun. I believe unemployment should be extended. I have ancestors who landed at Jamestown, and ancestors who fought in the American Revolutionary War; I am as patriotic as they come. I am a Democrat and am working hard to help Barack Obama be re-elected. I'm a mother, a parent, a worker, a homeowner, a volunteer, and a voter. I'm an American liberal.

You? Well, if you're here, I hope you're open-minded and curious, because I'm going to be presenting facts. I'm a journalist, trained in old school journalism: I will present the 5 w's and h (who, what, where, why, when and how) of every story when appropriate -- and I'll dig. I will read the legislation (I'm one of those 14 people who read the entire Affordable Care act); I will dig for the story behind the story. I'll follow the money trail.

Yep: we're talking politics. Prepare for a heavy hand with the opinion shaker. And I want to hear yours, too.

So -- let's have some fun, shall we? Glad you're along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment